What a week! Truth is, I’ve been sicker than sick. Full blown flu: fever, aches, chills, congestion, sinus pressure – the gang was all here. When my immunity plummets, it doesn’t hold back. But alas, I told myself I’d “power through”, “make it work”, and “keep on keeping on” which are simultaneously three phrases I actually quite dislike. Because they never work for me. So, I finally had to learn to rest this week. A concept I still don’t fully grasp, really. But with rest, comes less productivity. And with less productivity, comes less blog posts. And I guess that’s okay. It’s alright to sometimes wish this was my full time job, but be okay with the fact that it isn’t. And that means that sometimes it needs to get put on the back burner for my own personal health and sanity.
With that said, life feels like it’s entering into a bit of a transitional phase. Sam’s busy season will come to a close in the next month and we’ll actually be seeing each other on a more regular basis. All of the emoji praise hands! I will continue my nanny day job and blog, but also begin to pursue new creative endeavors that are secretive for now, but I’m excited to share about them in the future.
When Tim died, everyone kept telling me that we’d settle into our “new normal” and I never felt like that phrase stuck well with me. What is “normal”? Nothing is normal now because if it was, none of this would be our reality. It was a defensive reaction to what was always intended to be an encouragement, but I am beginning to realize how to better articulate what I think people were trying to say. Ultimately, we’re approaching 6 months after Tim’s passing which is feeling like a marker that we’re still absolutely holding the weight of his loss, but feeling a new chapter evoke amidst God’s provision of things happening in our lives that we couldn’t even see could come into play right when Tim had died. I don’t know if that makes sense, but that’s more of the feeling I’m experiencing at the mark of the end of this week.
So there’s a little update. And with that, I wanted to introduce the first post of a little blog series I will throw your way every so often titled “Friday Favorites”. Just some things I’m currently loving, that are inspiring me, or that are on my radar. Seems fitting for the embarkment of a weekend, no?
- That key lime pie picture above has me salivating. I love key lime anything, really, and have been seriously craving it lately. I think it has to do with all of the gorgeous warm California sun we’ve been getting. I’m thinking of trying this recipe soon – it’s gluten free, too!
- CAM Country. I love country music and this girl’s gumption has me hooked. Fun fact: she went to my high school, so I feel as though I’m practically famous myself. Her whole album has been on repeat for me lately, and I’m especially loving ‘Want it All‘ which seems to sum up my feelings perfectly about going after dreams and those “other creative endeavors” I mentioned above.
- I’ve been on a bit of a hot pink detox lately (can you believe it?) from a bit of an overload from all of the Valentine’s posts. So instead of the bright pink nail polish I had been rocking the majority of the month of February, I’ve been opting for a pale, neutral pink this week. This combo is so clean and fresh.
- I love watercolor art and I just discovered this gorgeous Etsy shop. Her work is fantastic! And of course I needed this pineapple print. Too cute.
- I’ve been perusing online lately for a new pair of white jeans. When researching Old Navy, I couldn’t get over how cute everything they have for spring is! Seriously, they are having a major
keymoment. And their sales are always so good! The pieces I’m grabbing for spring are these white jeans (love the slightly relaxed vibe with a higher waist), this navy embroidered swing blouse (those tassels though!), and some relaxed crew-neck tees.
And there you have it. I’m “clocking out” for the week, looking forward to re-connecting with my husband this weekend, relaxing, and hopefully getting outside for some sunshine.