Happy Birthday, Sammy!
Yes, this blog is self-titled… but this man is such a big part of my blog, my business, and my life. So I wanted to take a moment today to not only wish my sweet husband a Happy Birthday on here (because he’s far too ‘play it cool’ to announce to the internet that it’s his birthday 😉 ), but I also wanted to give my sweet readers a little insight to the man I am blessed to do life with!
10 Things I Love About Sam:
- He’s so different than me! But that’s such a good thing. I think we as women often try to make our boyfriends, fiancés, and husbands our BFF. And though Sam is my best friend, he’s not my best friend that I call to be dramatic, vent, recap Housewives, and talk about beauty products with. Sam’s differences from me make me a better woman and challenge me to always grow and better myself. His differences make me see life differently than just what I see in my own bubble. And that’s wonderful and needed!
- He’s the most disciplined person I know. Sam sees everything he’s committed to through 1000% and then some. He’s an incredibly hard worker and I’m always in awe of how much he does personally and professionally day after day.
- He has some boujee tastes. I’m sure everyone thinks I’m the high maintenance one in the relationship… which is nearly true. However, Sam is QUITE particular when he makes purchases, especially when it comes to food & wine! I’d drink 2 Buck Chuck, drink Folgers coffee, and eat fast food without blinking an eye. Sam has a palette for artisan coffee, fine wine, and knows what fancy cheese should taste like. We joke about this all the time, but again… our differences make us be a better team!
- He loves Chick-Fil-A. Yes, I just shared he has fine dining tastes… but the man also loves him some Chick-Fil-A! And that makes me love him even more!
- He’s adapted quite well to the blue & white life. We giggle that Sam has come a long way in the style department since when we first started dating. Sam always likes to share that the only ‘home decor’ he had in college was a pair of football tickets taped to the wall, and his personal style was a mix of miscellaneous Nike items. Now, Sam lives with a woman who is obsessed with all things blue and white, home decor, shopping, beauty….. so I guess you could say it’s worn off on him? I truly think Sam has really great taste and it’s fun to see how he’s come into his own style as well. And I also have to admit that I love that he continues to let me do my thing as long as he’s not forced to wear pink. 😉
- He supports me. If you couldn’t tell from the blog and my Beautycounter business, I’m a dreamer with an entrepreneurial spirit. I’ve always been this way, and I feel so blessed to have a man support me through the ups and downs that come with that path.
- He’s amazing with a BBQ. The house and kitchen may be my territory in our marriage, but the man is a wiz at the grill! He’s so particular and precise and I love how much he loves to grill things to perfection. I’m telling y’alll…. you’re going to want to come over and have Sam grill!
- He loves the Lord. Sam’s faith in Jesus Christ is inspirational. Sam has relied on the Lord through times of absolute joy and absolute despair, and I’m blessed to say I’ve been a witness to his faith through both. I know the Lord created Sam to be such an amazing man of Him and Sam has and continues to live into that calling.
- He’s just as obsessed with Dallas as I am! Sam is the BEST fur baby daddy. It’s been an absolute joy to witness how sweet he is with our Dallas Walker. He’s patient, loving, caring, and is downright obsessed with him. There’s nothing I love more than seeing Dallas and Daddy reunite at the end of the day! My heart melts with these two and I love knowing Sam will also make an amazing human baby Daddy someday if the Lord blesses us in that way.
- Everyone loves Sam! It’s true. Everyone who meets Sam at work, events, parties, weddings, etc. always pulls me aside after chatting with him and says “I love him!”. And even though I often wonder if people like me as much as my husband because of this, I’m pretty darn grateful to be married to such a lovable man.
So happiest of birthday’s to my sweet husband Samuel! I look forward to celebrating you this weekend as we drink fine wine and eat fancy food! I love you!
Happy Weekend, sweet friends!
Photography: Natalie McMullin